Windows 10 is a good operating system but in addition, hosts plenty of errors. Windows has been shown to be the best OS over the plan of time for both the casual in addition to professional users. But after installing new Windows 10, users have started facing some issues with their scanners. So many users have reported Scanner Not Working in Windows 10. Here is how to fix the issue.
If you would like to fix the HP printer issues, then you have to implement the troubleshooting steps to manage the errors. The issue may be caused by corrupted system files. There are 3 solutions you may attempt to repair the problem. You may simply use the Solutions and solve the issue, but for the physical damage.
If a scanner is not functioning on Windows 10 PC properly, then you should go for an actual printer tech support service to manage the common issues instantly. It’s usually simple to repair printer and scanner driver computer software problems in my personal experience. An excellent scanner is usually available for free, and all-in-one software is usually available at a very low cost to you after a specific quantity of time in a trial to find out if you want it.
Solutions to Fix Scanner not working- Windows 10
Printers are comparatively slow and power-hungry. Printers and Scanners are very helpful tools when you’re an office professional or a student. If you own a printer that’s not present in the list, then it is possible to install third-party apps which let you print documents wirelessly from your iPad.
Cause of Scanner not working
The most common reason for Scanner not working issue is the incompatibility between OS and drivers. You have to update drivers after installing new Windows 10 update.
1. Use sfc/scannow
sfc/scannow command is used to repair the Windows System. This is the best way to fix Scanner not working issue on Windows 10.
1. Press Win + S > Type command prompt > right click on command prompt > select open as admin.
2. Type sfc/scannow command > Press Enter.
3. This will take some time. Once done, Restart your computer.
2. Check services
- Remote Procedure Call RPC
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
- Shell Hardware Detection
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
1. Open Rn using Win + R and then type services.msc to open Windows services.
2. Find Shell Hardware Detection service > right-click > select Properties.
3. Check if the Service status is Stopped. If stopped, click on start button. Then Press OK and service will restart again.
4. Go back to the Services and Repeat 2 and 3 for the other remaining services as well.
5. Restart computer.
Now check the scanner is working again or not.
3. Update Drivers
Sometimes due to outdated drivers, scanner stopped working. So you have to update scanner drivers for Windows 10.
1. Download and install a third-party driver update tool for Windows like Driver Easy.
2. Run the software > click on Scan.
3. Wait for the scanning and then download all the required drivers.
Hope now Scanner Not Working error is fixed. If you need any help then comment below.