If you have set a password on Windows 10 and you wish to remove it, check out this guide. Removing or bypassing the windows 10 password has been explained here. You wish to bypass or remove the password only when you have forgotten it. Another reason for bypassing the password is that when you consider typing the password to be a waste of time. Automatically logging in to your system is an easy way, to begin with, your work.
Another situation which tells you to do away with windows password is when you enter it and OS doesn’t accept it telling you it is wrong. Removing the password is also an option in that regard.
Bypass Windows 10 Password
Two ways in which bypassing the Windows 10 OS is possible are as follows:
- When you can log in to your system
- If you have forgotten the password
Bypassing the password if you can log in
To bypass the password and automatically login to your system can be done through the following steps:
- Press Win+R -> Run dialog box, type netplwiz and press Enter
Another method is to press Win key and type netplwiz in the search box.
- Open the User Account and select the user through which you want to bypass the password. Click Apply after unchecking the option, Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
- Type the username and password in the Automatically sign in box
After performing all the above steps, you can automatically login to your computer system by bypassing the login screen. But one thing you need to remember that you will still be protected by a password. The above procedure was to bypass the password and not for its removal.
If you have forgotten the password, and still wish to bypass the password, then you can follow the steps below.
Bypassing Windows 10 if you have forgotten the password
You will be stuck on the login screen if you have forgotten your password. If you missed out on your Windows 10 password, you need to have the reset disk, Windows Password Refixer or Windows 10 installation media.
Let us first understand the usage of Check out the steps below that help you in bypassing the windows 10. The following are the steps to bypass Windows 10, by using the Windows Password Refixer:
- Create a boot disk
- Pick another computer and install Windows Password Refixer. Afterwards, you can launch its tool.
After completing the above step, select one USB drive or CD drive. Click on the Begin burning button and format your media. After preparing a CD with Windows Password Refixer, you will be ready with a boot disk.
- Boot your system with the CD
- After the computer boots with Windows Password Refixer, you can select the Windows 10. Click Reset password and set it to blank. This will remove the password that you have forgotten and you can log in to your Windows 10 powered password automatically.
After carrying out the above procedures, the password is removed. You can now automatically login to your system without entering the password.