- 1 Fix Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver Error
The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller drivers are gigabit network controllers from the Realtek company which are basically a LAN hardware for your motherboard. Most of the times, these network controllers are often built-in, on the system boards and are very important as they play a vital role in rescuing at a crucial point of time. To help you in fixing this error we provided an ultimate guide on Realtek PCIe GBE family controller not working. so read the mentioned solutions below and follow them carefully.
Realtek is the company which makes your network adapter (LAN). Windows applications apply a driver which allows motherboards to comprehend the Ethernet component. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Drivers permits systems to attach to a network, also, to collect all element characteristics such as business and chipset.
Keep in Mind that there are so many reasons that can trigger a driver issue on your Windows computer. One of the common reason is system file corruption. Check some points before going to take any action.
- Did the issue happen right after you installed the Creators update? If yes then remove the last update.
- Also, check Realtek Family Controller driver that you are using is
***NOTE***: You can read the solutions directly by following the table of contents
Why Did this Error occur?
If you’re getting the error message “Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver Windows 10 download”, it is due to one of the two options mentioned below:
- There’s a conflict with the drivers.
- Your integrated LAN card on the motherboard is dead.
Fix Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver Error
There is a big chance that this is a software issue, and as such, you may already know that Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver Windows 10 are already released. Now all you need to do is download the drivers. And this package of Realtek PCI GBE family controller driver supports both for a 32-bit and for 64-bit operating systems.
***NOTE*** : It is not easy to download Realtek PCIe GBE family controller Windows 10 driver through Realtek website. Follow the mentioned solutions, and you can get rid of the problem in literally no time.
The following are some of the best working methods to fix Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver issue in windows 10. so try these solutions and resolve your problem
METHOD 1 – Manually Install the Driver
Now what if, if you don’t have a System Restore Point? You can now try manually installing the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller Windows 10 driver, for the LAN controller. Now before you start installing, one thing that you must do is download the latest drivers from your laptop/motherboard’s manufacturer website.
Alternatively, you can install the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller Windows 10 driver from official Realtek website.
Step 1: Press Windows Key+R and a Run dialogue box will appear.
Step 2: Type devmgmt.msc and Click OK button.
Step 3: Within the list of Device Manager, expand category Network adapters, Under this category, right-click on the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Windows 10. Then click Uninstall.
Step 4: A window will pop-up asking your confirmation to uninstall the device. So Click on OK.
Step 5: From here you can choose the Manual Mode. The Manual Mode helps you pick your own drivers and lets you know which were the right drivers you installed earlier. To do that In the Device Manager Window, Click on Action Option and then choose Scan for hardware changes/
Step 5: Let the work of installation be done. Once finished, reboot your device. And all should be working well by now.
***NOTE***: If the method doesn’t work, remove the BIOS battery and insert it again, and then follow the steps once more.
METHOD 2 – Use a System Restore Point
Now if you have a system restore point, it will now come to your rescue. You can quickly repair Realtek PCIe GBE family controller Windows 10 without tweaking the configuration of your system using the System Restore Point you made.
Step 1: Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
Step 2: Type rstrui.exe and click OK.
Step 3: Now a window will appear, Click on “System Restore” Button
Step 4: Select the desired Restore Point when everything is working fine (choose date and time when there are no issues in your pc) . To proceed, click Next.
You will find that your System is now back to the time it was before the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver Windows 10 error.
*****Pro Tip : (Extra Information)
1.If in case if your system protection is not enabled then the following window will appear. Then Click on System Protection.
2. After that Click on the Configure Button in the “System Protection” Tab under “Protection Settings“
3. The Following window will pop up. Now, you can enable or turn on system protection. For Disk Space Usage prefer 5-10% disk space which is more than enough.
Also Read: Service Registration Is Missing
METHOD 3 – Use Windows Update
This is one of the methods which is usually known but ignored. We do not just say that you must keep your PC up to date. Because if your system is updated, it might very well help you install the latest tools and utilities for your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Windows 10 driver. If this feature, your system has been set to install updates automatically, you can disregard this way.
For PCI network card, chip RTL8139 or RTL810x If you need a Realtek ethernet driver for your Windows 10 machine, we advise downloading Realtek PCI Fast Ethernet Drivers.
METHOD 4 – Get a new PCIe network adapter
Now if the steps mentioned above do not work, then probably the Realtek network adapter Windows 10 is dead. Well, in that case, the only solution that you get is to buy a new one. But don’t worry PCIe network adapters nowadays are very cheap so you can get at less price.
***Note***: while buying a new adapter make sure to find a compatible adapter with the motherboard in term of speed. But to implement this technique you need to have some advanced skills like replacing the adapter.In order to replace the adapter all you need to have is a Wireless USB, So get a USB Wifi Adapter. Using this you can connect to the similar things quickly.
METHOD 5 – Modify the settings of your Realtek network adapter Windows 10
Step 1: Go to Device Manager.
Step 2: Click the drop down for Network Adapters.
Step 3: Right click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver and click “update driver software”
Step 4: Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
Step 5: Click “let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
Step 7: Select “9.1.402.2015” version from the below list. And Click Next.
This is a simple method to get rid of the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver error.
After updating your drivers by the methods mentioned above, you must have the features supported by updated version of drivers.
- They support new OSes.
- They can help you in fixing different compatibility problems.
- During the product’s lifetime, you can resolve related errors encountered.
- Includes other features also.
Here is the list of most efficient Realtek network/ Ethernet drivers which can help you to get rid of the Realtek PCIe GBE family controller driver Windows 10 error.
- Realtek Network / Ethernet Driver Update Utility.
- Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Driver.
- Realtek RTL8168 8111 PCI E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Driver.
- Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Driver.
- Realtek 10/100/1000 PCI-E NIC Family NDIS XP, (x264), NT Driver Driver.
- Realtek 8185 Extensible 802.11a/b/g Wireless Device Driver.
- Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter Driver.
- Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC Driver.
- RTL8201CL Driver.
- RTL 8188/8191/8192 Driver.
- VIA VT86C100A Rhine Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver.
- Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC Driver.
- RTL8191SE Driver.
- RTL8139D Driver.
- RTL8191SU Driver.
- Realtek RTL8185 WLAN Driver and Utility Driver.
- Silan SC92031 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver.
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet Controller Driver.
- Realtek RTL8139/810X Family CardBus Fast Ethernet NIC(for Win95A) Driver.
- Realtek RTL8139/810x Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Driver.
- Realtek RTL8139D PCI Ethernet Adapter Driver.
- Realtek RTL8139/810X Family Fast Ethernet NIC Driver.
- PCI/E Wireless LAN Driver.
- SURECOM EP-9001-g 802.11g 54M WLAN USB Adapter Driver.
- PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver.
- Realtek RTL8139 for Novell Netware Client 32 Driver.
- SURECOM EP-9321-g/g1 802.11g 54M WLAN PCI Adapter Driver.
Write to us for any queries. We will be more than happy to help you.