As you know, Outlook surfaces various kinds of errors, which includes selected rule in alphanumeric form plus a message describing in quick regarding the problem. These problems may occur in Perspective while performing different types of activities. Among the typical actions that people often perform is View in Send/Obtain. Maybe you have received a mistake as shown below?
- Outlook Error 0x8004010f : The operation failed. An object could not be found.
- Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed
If you’re not able to deliver outgoing email (but incoming email works fine) and you also get one message that says your ‘Outlook Data File Cannot Be Found’ generally after upgrading either Outlook or Windows which is a signal that the account is infected.
In a customer’s computer, this problem appeared during Send/Receive Progress in office 2013 Sending reported problem (0x8004010F): Outlook data file can not be accessed. The above problem might happen when the outlook profile is broken or after moving the Prospect.PST document to some other area on your own disk or even to another computer.
Error 0x8004010F may be the most often occurring mistake that consumer-run into while working together with MS Outlook. This error is also called as View 2016 error 0x8004010f. We send emails nearly every day, and while some consumers prefer using webmail, others use email clients. Outlook is the most popular and among the most preferred mail clients on Windows 10, but some users reported about the “Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed ” error message when using it.
- 1 Why Does Outlook data file cannot be accessed error Occur?
- 2 How to Fix Outlook data file cannot be opened
- 2.1 Step 1: Locate the Outlook Data File
- 2.2 Step 2: Once your data file is found, create a new MS Outlook profile.
- 2.3 Fix 1 – Disable Antivirus
- 2.4 Fix 2 – Modify Windows Firewall Settings
- 2.5 Fix 3 – Run sfc/scannow
Why Does Outlook data file cannot be accessed error Occur?
0x8004010F is one of the Microsoft Outlook error, that might arise due to
- Failure on Microsoft Office
- Dangerous system error
- Clash of antivirus with all the software, or Windows Firewall settings.
The total message says Reported error (0x8004010F) – ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed. The occurrence of 0x8004010F mistake isn’t limited to one Windows version, so Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, XP and Vista might encounter it one day. If you participate in the group who can’t use Outlook because of the 0x8004010F problem, we’re likely to enable you to right now.
- Also check: how to fix windows update error 0x80070003
There are few options with which you are able to correct Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed 2010 error. If an error message is because of adjusting View position and upgrading Outlook versions then in order to fix this issue you ought to find the precise location of default Outlook data file and afterward generate a new Perspective report or transfer PST file to new location.
It happens when you try to sync with outlook, generally adhering to a knowledge transfer or other process that involves taking a preexisting.PST report into play without moving through the hoops of publishing the information into a new.PST shell. The solution is, in fact, simple, though it’s certainly not easy to discover. All you’ve got to accomplish to solve the issue is select the folder to deliver email to (Mailbox) for every email account. Beneath the Account Settings dialog box within Outlook, there is a Change Folder button close to the bottom. That is where the setting is changed.
How to Fix Outlook data file cannot be opened
Step 1: Locate the Outlook Data File
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Mail, and then choose Show Profiles in the Mail Setup.
- Click on Outlook dialog box. Press on your Outlook profile and Click the Properties button.
- Choose the Data Files which open ups the Account Settings.
- Under Data Files, find the current data files.
- Note down the location of the Outlook data files and save a copy and close it.
Step 2: Once your data file is found, create a new MS Outlook profile.
There are two Procedures to create a new MS Outlook Profile.
- Procedure 1: Use auto account setup to create an IMAP or POP3 email account.
- Procedure 2: Manually create an IMAP or POP3 email account.
Pro Tip***: If in case your email server supports both POP3 and IMAP then IMAP account can be created by default and you need to manually create a POP3 account. Whereas if your mail server only supports POP3, then an POP3 account will be created by the auto account setup
Procedure 1: Use auto account setup to create an IMAP or POP3 email account.
- Start > Control Panel > click Show Profile in Mail Setup – outlook dialog box
- Click Add in in the General tab and enter your new MS Outlook profile name then click OK.
- Now setup a new account by giving your name, email, and password. And Click Next.
- Now a windows appears like shown in the below figure. you need to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types radio button. Now Click Next.
- Then you will be seeing the below window. Now, Choose Internet E-mail and then Click Next
- Type your account details in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box ( if you are unsure about account details then contact your internet service provider)
- To Test your account , click Test Account Settings in the same window. After that select Existing outlook data file option and then click Browse.
- Now select the previous location of outlook data file ( if you are not sure about how to find the location of outlook data file then go to Point 8 in Step 1 )
- click ok and then Click Next.
- From the Test Account Settings dialog box, click Close and Click Finish.
Step 3 – Configure new outlook profile as default profile
- From General tab of the Mail dialog box, choose Always use this profile
- After Selecting the Always use this profile option you will find the drop-down list, from that select the new profile.
- To close the Mail dialog box, Click OK.
Fix 1 – Disable Antivirus
- Some of the experts claim that Outlook error 0x8004010F may be triggered by the antivirus installed on the system.
- You have to disable antivirus program and reboot PC.
Fix 2 – Modify Windows Firewall Settings
- The next thing that you can try is to modify the settings of Windows Firewall.
- Click Start or Win key, type Firewall.cpl, and press Enter.
- Select Windows Firewall > Find Turn Windows Firewall On or Off and click it. click OK to save settings.
Fix 3 – Run sfc/scannow
- Open command prompt as admin and type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the system perform the repair automatically.
- Reboot the system.
Hope you have successfully solved Outlook data file cannot be accessed error in Windows 10. Comment below if you need any help.