Speaking of the Skype Account many people wish to delete their account. But the fact is you cannot entirely delete skype account. But there is an option to stop using Skype account that is by removing all your information that is linked to the account. By doing it the other Skype you will longer find your account name and details. Microsoft explains that if you wish to close your Skype account then you will have to contact them and your account will be closed. However, here you will be learning the ways How to Delete Skype Account in easy steps.
How to Delete Skype Account?
Before we get started to delete Skype Account there are few things that you must know for good. Right before closing your Skype account, the very first thing has unlinked the account of a Microsoft that is linked to your Skype Account. Cancel the “active subscription” if there is any fund request or cancel a “Skype Number”.
Also, remove the recurring payments simply by disabling them into “Auto-Renew” feature. It is very necessary to set your Skype status to offline mode or make it invisible. And remove your personal identity information details as well from the profile of your Skype Account.
Steps to Delete Skype Account:
Follow the instruction that is provided below to delete your existing Skype Account.
- First Step – At first you will have to sign in to your Skype Account by visiting the official website.
- Second Step – After that open your Skype “Account settings” and then scroll down the bottom portion of the page. Now click on the account settings that are below the “Settings and preferences”.
- Third Step – Into the web page, will notice the “Unlink” option which is just nearby Microsoft account icon. Just click on the button. At many times unlinking will sign out your Skype Account. If that happen you better sign in again to continue the process.
- Fourth Step – After that confirmation message will pop up on the screen. And then you will have to click on the “Continue” option to proceed.
- Fifth Step – And then now you need to cancel any “active subscription or recurring payments” into your Skype Account. To do that you will have to open the settings into your Skype account and then click on the subscription that you wish to cancel.
- Sixth Step – Now you will have to click on the cancel subscription button to continue the process. And then choose “Thanks but no thanks, I still want to cancel” for confirming the subscription cancel option.
- Seventh Step – And if you have purchased a Skype Number where people can reach you by calling. Then it is essential to cancel it right before you close your existing Skype Account.
To do that click on “Skype Number” option which is just into the Manage features page. After that choose settings and click on the option “Cancel Skype Number”.
- Eight Step – And if you are using the recurring payments into your Skype Account. In that case, the account of the Skype credit topped up automatically by the time when the balance falls into a certain amount. You will have to disable the “Auto-Recharge” feature that is into the portion of account details. To do that, just click on the “Billing & Payment” option and after that choose “Disable” option.
So, now you have completed the process of Skype Account subscriptions and remove recurring payments. It is now time to contact the customer service of Skype and inform that you would like to close your Skype Account.
Here you have learned all the necessary details that you need to know How to Delete Skype Account. Follow the above instructions and deactivate your Skype account today itself. Always remember that your Skype number subscriptions will remain active till it reaches the expiry date. And it is displayed in the web interface, and your Skype Account meets its expiry date Microsoft will reserve your number for at least 90 days.
If you like this article then you can also check the below articles: