On 14th November 2017, Microsoft has revealed their latest patch update for all the supporting Windows 10 versions. This is the latest cumulative update that has been launched by the company this month, especially for the users that are running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Original Creators Update. This update is launched mainly to focus on the security patches and minor fixes and hence for many Windows 10 users, it is not exciting indeed.
However, according to the reports, the latest cumulative updates by the company includes a critical fix for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, KB4048955 and it is likely to affect a variety of Windows 10 PC that runs Fall Creators Update. Owing to this issue some of the most frequently used applications vanish from the “Start” menu of the Windows, thereby hindering the users to have access to these apps after upgrading the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on their PC.
However, it can be fixed by finding the missing application list on the Microsoft Store and then opening the application manually from the store directly. But, Microsoft has recently claimed that this issue has been solved with the recent update and users would get the missing apps if the applications are affected by the update.
Below you will see the complete changelog for KB4048955 which would truly bring the operating system build number to 16299.64 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update users.
- Fixes issues caused to Mixed Reality Pool when opening or when it stop responding on launch
- Fixes issues that causes black screen to appear when switching between windows or full-screen modes
- Fixes compatibility issues that occurs while playing back a game DVR PC recording using iOS and Android devices
- Fixes issues where functional keys stop working on Designer Keyboards
- Fixes issues to ensure that USB drives and HMD are enumerated aptly
- Fixes issues when virtual smart card doesn’t respond or function
- Fixes issues when application based on JET Database Engine fails to create or opening Excel
- Fixes issues when application tiles are missing in Start Menu
- Fixes issues where Get-StorageJob returns nothing when storage job running on machine