One of the problems that you might be facing after upgrading to the new version of Windows 10 is “Asus smart gesture download Windows 10 stopped working”. Many users reported that after installing the Anniversary Update, their customised Asus smart gesture touchpad driver features were disabled. It appears that all the settings are automatically disabled and even if users try to enable them, the OS simply disables them again.
Generally this issue (Asus smart gesture download Windows 10 stopped working) happens because of Lack of compatibility i.e., the Asus Smart Gesture driver which is installed on your system currently might not be compatible with your latest operating system.
- 1 What is Asus smart gesture driver?
- 2 Methods To Fix Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 Download
- 3 How To Enable Asus Touchpad Reverse Scrolling in Windows 10 ?
What is Asus smart gesture driver?
Asus Smart Gesture driver is a small utility application in Windows 10. Now what this utility does is that it controls the touchpad features which also includes smart gestures. Unfortunately, by default, it is not included in the Windows 10’s installer. But don’t worry this guide about “Asus Smart gesture windows 10 download” will teach you how to install the Asus touchpad driver for Windows 10.
- ASUS support automatically suggests you the most recent driver to download and reinstall.
- Now if you own an ASUS T300LA and find that the multi-touch is not working on your laptop, this can create a problem for you as a user.
- To solve this, the simplest thing that you can do is uninstall ASUS Smart Gesture which came by default and after that install V2.2.8 64-bit.
- After doing this, just restart your system. Also, if you are having issues with an ASUS ZenBook UX32VD use V2.2.8.
Methods To Fix Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 Download
Below i have mentioned some of the best fixes for Asus touchpad smart gesture stopped working issue. so follow them carefully and solve your problem within seconds.
SOLUTION I – Run the driver setup file as Administrator
Well, many users are unable to download Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 driver, but you can easily fix this issue. All you need to so is run as an administrator the setup file. Well, the steps to do that are fairly simple-
- Find setup file and right click on it.
- You will find an option which says- Run as administrator. Choose the option from the menu.
SOLUTION 2 – Install Asus Smart Gesture Download Windows 10
- Right-click on Start Button and then go to Power User menu. (or else by simply pressing the Win+x on the keyboard you can go to Power User menu).
- From there go to Control Panel.
- From there click Programs and Features and then Uninstall or change a program.
- Here you will find, Asus Smart Gesture. Right-click on Asus Smart Gesture and then Repair it.
- At this point, Windows will restart. Now return to the Control Panel again and then find and click “Uninstall or change a program.”
- From there you will find – ASUS Smart Gesture. Right-click on it and select Edit and then remove.
- Windows will again restart, but this time it is final as the problem is fixed.
SOLUTION 3 – Download Touchpad Synaptics instead
If you are unable to install Asus Smart Gesture in Windows 10, a majority of users suggesting that instead of going with the default driver, install Synaptics Touchpad driver. Now the reason behind that is, Touchpad Synaptics for Windows 8.1 works perfectly on Windows 10. Well if you can find the latest version, then do download it. Where as some other section of users are also suggesting to download and install Sentelic drivers in order to fix the issue.
SOLUTION 4 – Remove the default Asus Smart Gesture and reinstall the driver
Now if you want to fix Asus smart gesture Windows 10 download problem you need to remove Asus Smart Gesture driver manually. Now to do that what you can do is follow these steps:
- Search Asus Smart Gesture in the computer and delete all data files which are related to it.
- You have to restart the PC as these files won’t be removed until and unless you reboot the PC.
- After rebooting the PC go to the Asus website and from there you have to download the latest touchpad driver for your laptop.
- After downloading the file click the Disable Fun.exe and extract all folders.
- Once you’re done, run the Setup TP driver.msi and install a new driver.
- Restart your PC once again.
- Now open Device Manager and locate your touchpad, right-click it and choose the option to Update the driver.
- Windows 10 will download the latest version of the driver for you and also it will fix this error.
Along with updating and fixing the Asus smart gesture Windows 10 download error many users have queries for “how to change the scroll direction on a touchpad”.
How To Enable Asus Touchpad Reverse Scrolling in Windows 10 ?
Step 1: Go to the Control Panel.
Step 2: Open the Asus Smart Gesture utility.
Step 3: From there you have to go to the Two Finger section. Once you are there, you have to tick the “Content moves reversely with your finger’s direction” checkbox.
Step 4: After this click on OK. Your new settings will now be saved.
Now In order to save your time, we have made a list of all the required and the most elicit drivers that you can work with your ASUS machine and Windows 10.
Well, the simplest way can be to check the Audio vendor which came by default with your ASUS Notebook. If you still have any issue (like Audiowizard missing), try “Realtek Audio 22.214.171.12498”.
Simple step! Just go and Check the latest corresponding driver and the Bluetooth vendor on your ASUS Notebook. try Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Version number – 10.0.1.13 (64-bit)
Check the Wireless LAN vendor on your ASUS Notebook and download the driver which starts with the same version number as yours.
Well, this is one thing that we do not suggest you do to every time. BIOS settings are the machine settings and shall not be played by! But still, if you want, as per your computer you can update your BIOS settings too.
First-things-first. Find the BIOS version of your ASUS Notebook installed currently. Once you are done with this then proceed with the laptop model on ASUS support site. From there you can download the BIOS file or the latest version of the same. Now the final step is to install and run ASUS WinFlash to update the BIOS version.
ASUS does not provide camera drivers by default. Because you usually get some of the inbuilt ones. But, if you still need to install a camera driver, old drivers for Windows 7 can be found.
To do that you must know your camera PID number. If you don’t know that, follow the steps given below. Once you know the PID number, you can then download the driver.
To get the PID number follow these steps:
step 1: Right click on My Computer and open Device Manager. Go to the “USB 2.0 WebCam”.
step 2: Once you have opened the same, go and visit the Details tab. There you will find Hardware Ids from where you can find the PID number of your Webcam.
- Asus remote link.
Now apart from all this there is one more application which is called as “ASUS Remote Link”. This application helps you install Asus Smart Gesture. And you should also make sure to install the latest Smart Gesture. Now to know whether you have installed the latest or not, you can visit the Mobile Control tab. From there you check “Enable Remote Link on my PC”.
Hope you find the information useful on Asus smart gesture windows 10 download, as I know that Installing Asus Smart Gesture driver on your Windows 10 system can be problematic sometimes. But we hope you managed to install it after using any one of the solutions mentioned above. You can ask your queries regarding any of the methods given in the post in the comment section below.