Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service periodically validates the installed Adobe software. In this way, it detects illegal programs and sends a notification to violators that “you are not using a genuine software.”
In its latest release, Adobe has implemented this feature more strictly. Its sole purpose is to keep track of genuine users and discourage piracy.
But Windows 10 users often come across a message – “The Adobe software you are using is not genuine,” even though they have legitimate software installed on their systems. Today we are going to discuss how to solve this Adobe Genuine Software issue like a pro. So let’s get started.
How to fix Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service issue?
It is quite annoying when you are on your system using Adobe software, and suddenly an unwanted pop up comes stating that the Adobe software you are using is not genuine. Well, you can disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity services in Windows 10.
Simply go to Task Manager and disable this feature. You also need to remove the process folder for the same. If that doesn’t work, go to command prompt and disable Adobe Updater Startup Utility.
Fix 1: Remove all instances of Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Services
To do so, follow these steps.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
- In the Processes tab, go to Adobe Genuine Integrity Service, right-click on it and select Open File Location. A folder (AdobeGCIClient) is opened.
- Now get back to Task Manager and select Adobe Genuine Integrity. Tap End Task.
- Next, delete the AdobeGCIClient folder.
- Reboot the system and check if the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Check software version
Another method to fix the stated issue is by checking whether your Adobe software version is genuine. We advise you always to download Adobe software from authentic, official websites only.
Fix 3: Delete Adobe Updater Startup Utility
You can delete Adobe Updater Startup Utility to get rid of this issue from scratch. Here’s how you can delete it.
- At first, go to C: drive> program files*86) > Common Files > AdobeOOBEPDAppUWA and delete the same.
- In the Windows search box, type cmd and go to command prompt.
- Right-click on cmd and choose Run as administrator.
- Now on command prompt, type sc delete AAMUpdater and press Enter.
- Now to remove the task, you need to type Task Scheduler in the Windows search box.
- Hit Enter.
- Search the AdobeAAMUpdater task and remove the same.
Recommended: Fix YouTube Black Screen Problem in Windows 10
The Bottom Line
The main reason for this issue is outdated adobe software or you are not using Genuine Software. There is no other reason found till now. Hope the error is fixed now and you are using Adobe Software again.
If you need any help then comment below.